Friday, October 10, 2008

Things I Believe In

Okay, let's just get this straight. I'm voting for Obama.

I'm often overly passionate and I'm constantly fighting a desire to be right.

Most mornings, I'm not sure where I am as I'm waking up.

Sometimes I sit around and cook tofu.

I like red wine, not white.

I don't like Nicholas Sparks. Or Jane Austen.

I believe in stilettos heels, not wedges. Booties are the worst thing to happen in the history of fashion.

I've been hearing a lot about ridding your body of toxins. I've heard that processed sugars are a toxin. But I can't bring myself to believe it. Sugar is good for the soul.

I hate yogurt. And cottage cheese.

Here are the things I refuse to incorporate into my life: Minivans. Scrapbooks. Kitchen scissors.

Ordering thai food and watching French films makes me feel glamorous.

I'm horrible with time. I can never find my watch and I can never get anywhere on time. I firmly believe that there will always be another train, another flight, and another chance. And if not, there's always another path.

Stepping off a train in a foreign city is my favorite feeling.

Everything means more if it's written in a letter.

If a mosquito is within a 1-mile radius, she will definitely choose me.

Snowflakes make me giggle.

I leave a part of myself in every country I visit. I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.

Saying mean things about my ex-boyfriends doesn't make me feel better.

I always cringe when someone misspells, mispronounces, or misuses a word.

Orange blossoms and rain are my favorite smells.

When I'm ninety-five years old, I want people to say, "She's a character."

My mom's cooking will always be better than that of anyone else.

I don't say "see you later" when I mean "goodbye".

Lightning storms scare me.

My favorite part of girls' night outs is stumbling home at 3 am and deciding that we need to run across the street and get pastries.

I only drink coffee when I can convince myself that I'm stressed out enough to need it. Otherwise, it's herbal tea, iced, six packets of sugar.

If I could find a way to make money off of recognizing peoples' voices, I'd be a millionaire.

Trying to find a new church all by myself is terrifying.

The brighter the colors, the better.

Grumpy old men make my day, especially if I can manage to make theirs.

Watching two dancers glide across a room makes me believe that love has the power to conquer all the ugliness in this world.

If I could live at the library, I would. Do librarians live at libraries?

My favorite documentaries are the one that make me cry and convince me that it's my job to make the world a better place.

I am the girl who is always staring out the window, wishing she could play in the grass, daydreaming about what the rest of the day might bring.

"Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." - Gloria Steinem

4 comments:

Randall said...

Are you voting in AZ?

and are mosquitoes always a she?

You could own your own library, and then build an apartment on top of it for yourself. ;p

kt said...

No. I'm voting in California, because I'm not an Arizona resident.

Only female mosquitos are able to drink blood, because they need it to develop eggs. :) Totally random thing that I probably didn't really need to know.

Randall said...

Makes sense. I never knew that though! See, you learn something new everyday.

Susan said...

I live in the library....didn't you know? :P