Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fall is my favorite season

Today, I woke up to a beautiful world. Today gave me goosebumps, even as I was falling asleep in lab. Today was a day for walking in the cool breeze and trying new foods and living in each exquisite moment. Today, I wore a new t-shirt and drank too much coffee and studied for pharmacology. Today was magical.

I wore long sleeves and they weren't enough to keep me from shivering as I walked the neighborhood. In another place, I would spend a night like this wrapped in a blanket on a rooftop or in the bed of a pickup. There would be music and laughter, the two blending to form the diamond sparkle music of the stars. But here, I spent it walking alone and naming the constellations. And I wouldn't have dared be anywhere than there in those fleeting seconds.

Tonight, I'll sleep a full eight hours. I'll get up in the morning to go running. I'll finally find the time to do laundry. I'll go to the grocery store for the first time in over a month. These quotidien chores are novel and rewarding after so many midterms, sleepless nights, road trips, and auditions.

Today, I finally have enough hours in the day.

Thanks, Arizona, for finally turning into autumn. I like you so much more this way.

No comments: