Monday, April 16, 2007

Exciting Photos of Exciting People

Confession: I'm not great at this blogging thing. I don't know if anyone really reads this, but if they do, I would think that they would be bored by my lacking of new information. So here is what went on in March.

At the beginning of March, I went to Colorado Springs for a summer missions orientation. In addition to meeting my trip coordinator and finding out more about my trip, I was able to meet some of the people on my team. Here are a few of the ladies on my team when we went to Garden of the Gods. Leslie, Sara, Kindra, Cat, me, Cierra, and Paige. We're all pretty focused on fundraising right now. I'm excited to meet the rest of my team in June and to spend some hard, fun, rewarding time in Namibia.




This is a picture from the Navs Spring Break trip to San Felipe, Mexico. While we spent a lot of time playing on the beach and eating fish tacos, we set aside a day for serving the people of San Felipe. We split up into a few groups. One of our groups laid electrical wire at an orphanage. My group helped a missionary who had been at a hospital for seven years. He had to move back to the States, because his wife's father had become very ill. It was a really emotional time for him, and we were glad to be able to help in whatever way we could. We mostly moved furniture and boxes, but we also spent a lot of time cleaning the hospital, because it had been closed for two years. There were dead cockroaches EVERYWHERE. It was pretty gross. My favorite part of the day was getting to talk with two other Nav girls about what God is doing in our lives lately and what He has been teaching us.


This picture is really, really fun. One of the Nav girls decided that we needed to have a talent show. This is my Bible study, and we decided to dance and lip synch to "Pop! Goes My Heart" from the movie "Music and Lyrics". It was cheesy, campy, and awesome. We won third place, which means that we get to perform again at the end of the year party; that's the trophy between me and Carmel, the girl in the orange.
Also, if you'll direct your attention to my profile picture, you'll see that I cut my hair. After nearly twenty years of long hair and a lot of thinking about it, I decided that a change would be good. So now I have short hair, which is a new, fun experience.
Only three weeks left of classes! A little more than two months until I leave for Namibia!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.