Tuesday, July 5, 2011

outside my scope of practice

Skills I've acquired in 23 years:
- piano. flute. bass clarinet. vocal performance. musical theater
- queen o' the stick shift
- francais. espanol.
- hitting a vein on the first try on a terrified 9-year-old
- hot grandma (knitting, baking pies, writing letters, telling bedtime stories)

Those I have yet to master:
- doing a cartwheel
- learning how not to care when people don't like me
- finding the delicate balance between total honesty & unintended cruelty
- networking
- how to paint my nails without smudging one or all of them

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I am chuckling wickedly at "queen o' the stick shift."

Good to know your skills ;)

And yes, tact, that line between honestly and cruelty, is a tricky one. Do you hate networking too? I just want to be friends with people I meet. I don't want to use them! Bah.