Monday, January 7, 2013

I am obviously an adult-lescent.

At work, I do really badass things like save lives and supervise fifty people. But at home, I do really lame things like set off the smoke detector by cooking a pizza. In my defense, the pizza is not burning. There is no smoke in this apartment. Honest to God, I don't even need to set a timer because the smoke detector goes off right before the pizza is finished. My apologies to my neighbors; I've taken care of the problem. My apologies to my firefighter dad; I've hidden the smoke detector in my closet again.

New year, new stories, new goals. I'm a relief charge nurse. I'm still in Texas, though I'd like to move again soon. Russell & I are still racking up frequent flier miles. Our Christmas vacation included going to the movies three times, eating all the junk food we wanted, taking long naps, and spending a lovely New Year's Eve at home with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin.

New Year's Resolutions? Sure.
- Stop gossiping (mostly at work)
- Stop swearing so much (mostly at work)
- Learn how to like exercising. I've started working out with these girls.
- More yoga
- More veggies. More dinners that aren't made by Lean Cuisine.
- Read more, write more.
- Be sweet to my cute boyfriend.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness I missed you. Welcome back to the only way I stalk you. :) love.